Friday 9 July 2010

Day Minus One

In approximately thirty hours I will be aboard a plane travelling six hours back in time to Lima, Peru.

This has been pushed to the back of my mind recently - I have been busy sitting my AS level exams, beginning to volunteer in a local charity store and thinking of what I am wanting to do in the future, in terms of applying to universities and choosing courses - yet within the past couple of weeks, the upcoming events have been impossible to ignore.

One thing that has jerked me back to the reality of my approaching "holiday of a life time" is the numerous injections that I have had to endure. Typhoid, tetanus, swine flu... the list goes on. I now consider myself to be well acquainted with the local GP who has been told a number of times all about the subjects that I have studying and those that I'm planning to continue with next year. I tend to babble on a bit before injections.

Also amongst the list of jobs to be completed has been the strenuous task of chocolate buying. Chocolate is apparently a luxury that many mission workers have to live without during their times abroad, the chocolate available there not being considered up to scratch with its superior British cousins. Curly Wurlys are a favourite.

I still have plenty of packing to do (ok, maybe I have hardly started yet), so I better be going. See you in Peru! x

3 comments:

  1. Like the opening photos Ruth. Hope the packing went well and you haven't forgotten anything. What movies did you see on the plane?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ruth and family...it's now Monday....can't wait to hear what u are doing since your packing! (from Jane but using Dave's name)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Struggling with uploading photos at the moment because of weak wifi signal.
    Saw Date Nights and Clash of the Titans on the plane.
    New posts are coming soon!

    ReplyDelete